Friday, February 14, 2020

SHQ Show & Tell


I had so much stuff to carry in to quilting on Thursday (2/13) and I knew I was going to leave early as well, so I didn’t take a sewing machine.  Michael packed everything else up in the car and I took off.  

I sold a lot of thread (trying to switch my longarmming thread from 100% cotton to something polyester and if I live to be 300 I could never use up all of my thread just piecing) and 6 yards of yellow fabric that Pat had leftover from Foust.  Lots of people had show and tell and that was wonderful:  

Mary Ann went crazy with several QoV projects



such a sweet panel


the quilting on this was AWESOME!



this is the quilt I just finished quilting





a nice sewing apron to keep the threads off



I left early and picked up Michael and Cookie and headed back to the animal hospital.  Cookie’s platelets are still good for the second time in 3 weeks (over 400,000), and her iron is still coming up.  Her packed red cells were  27%, now 33%, and ultimately they want 36%.  

We were home by 3:30 and I headed to the studio to rip out basting on Paula’s quilt.  By the time Michael left at 6:30 PM for rehearsal, I had all of the basting put back in: 



and the program was set up on the computer.  I’m ready to hit the ground running on Friday morning.  I spent about 1/2 an hour creating a list for Friday…I have a LOT to get through in that one day.  

Kristen came over before 7 PM and we spent the evening drinking chocolate martinis and solving all the problems of the world.  We haven’t seen each other in forever, and so had lots and lots to talk about.  When Michael called to say he was on his way home, she headed for home as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.