Sunday, February 23, 2020

new Qo V loaded, more retreat pics, AJ


I was slow starting on Saturday morning (2/22).  My honey had a frost delay for golf (it was 27 degrees when we got up!!!) and I headed to my studio to start to unpack.  I had 3 completed QoV’s that I wanted to load up, but they were wildly different in size, so I decided to just load up the largest one:  



I got it all basted:


and the rest of the day was spent quilting on that QoV: 



unpacking a little, and continuing to make black and white 4 patches for a future quilt.  

My honey came home in the afternoon with an 86....47 on the front nine and a scortching 39 on the back!!!  He was happy and said that the day was beautiful....lots of sun and no wind.

We got ARBY’s fish sandwiches for dinner and just snuggled on the couch and watched TV for the rest of the evening…a nice low key and relaxing day.

And now I have a myriad of pictures from around the states!!

Arizona Mary finished up her quilt, started at retreat.  It is a gift for her husband Rick and he thinks it is so beautiful that he doesn't want to use it...he wants to hang it up on the wall:

note the totally cool border she made up

And even though Janice has a long way to go on her current rainbow scrap obssesion, she couldn't wait to see how it will potentially look once it is finished:


I'm thrilled that another one of my Quilts of Valor was given out to a local veteran!!  Ron M was a Navy man and he retired as a Navy Master Chief:






And finally.....it's a bird....it's a plane.....no, it's SHIRLEY Holmes:




So totally cute!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.