Friday, February 7, 2020

SHQ Show & Tell



I was up early Thursday morning (2/6) to get a quiche made for food at quilting: 

caramelized onions

a little bit of sausage

notice the change in vessel?  I suddenly looked at everything I wanted to put in it
and figured out it would never fit in that pie plate!!!

mushrooms & broccoli

and Michael left the house at 8 AM to go grocery shopping at WALMART.  
Paula picked me up just after 9 AM and we headed off.  It was raining and we had tornado watch/warnings, so there were only 14 of us…and it was LOVELY  :~).  It was quiet and peaceful and just a beautiful day of sewing.  
We had some nice show and tell: 

wish you could see this in person...it was spectacular...and the quilting was awesome!




and although there were only 12 of us for lunch, the food was absolutely great:  







Even though we left early to get home before the torrential rains started, I managed to complete 12 OBW blocks…..I was thrilled about that because I only thought I would be able to complete around 5 every Thursday.  I hope to work on them for an hour or 2 each day on retreat as well.  

BG - I thought you would particularly like part of Loree's outfit:

it was even prettier in person

When I got home Michael and I read for a bit, then I sewed for a bit (just the black/white 4 patches…I’ll be making those for quite awhile) and in general we had a quiet afternoon and evening.  Although I don't know what Ethel was thinking as she used both me and the sofa as a resting place:


It was a really lovely day despite the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.