Thursday, February 27, 2020

Magic Carpet top done, tomato soup, IPAD cover


Michael was up early Wednesday (2/26) for golfing here at SCCL, while I looked forward to spending the entire day in my studio.  

I got the quilting going on the second QoV and worked on getting my rows sewn together on the Magic Carper pattern (wonder where they come up with these names?)  This was also a brand new quilt pattern for me):  


It wasn’t large enough for beds=dreams, so I added a border and now it is ready for quilting:  



I only have one unfinished quilt top left from retreat...and that's the one I need border advice on....more on that hopefully tomorrow.

By the time my frozen honey came home, the quilting was all done on the second QoV:  



I did intake on a customer quilt, so now I have to get both QoV's cleaned up and off of my frame....that's going to take a bit of time.

And finally, after weeks (months?) of having the special cans of tomatoes and the recipe, we made Loree’s tomato soup (and a grilled cheese sandwich) for dinner:











I do not like tomato soup and have never, ever made it from scratch...and this stuff is YUMMY!!!

I got a note from friend Inez, and I'll let you hear her story in her own words:

I’ve had a padded cover for my iPad for many a year and it is starting to wear out. In looking for a replacement I’ve discovered that they aren’t made anymore. All the covers are now hard cases. I was complaining to one of my art buddies who is also a quilter and after looking at my iPad cover/case she decided that she could make one for me!  It has a zipper around 3 sides and is big enough for my earbuds to fit inside. The pic is below. It is awesome to have crafty friends!


Looks cool, doesn't it?

2 comments:

  1. Dang - you made the soup and I’m not there to have a taste! Tomato is my favorite!
    143AN^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. THat quilt looks so different with borders.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.