Thursday, February 6, 2020

a sad day

If you are an American reading this, then you woke up in a dictatorship this morning.  And lest you think I’m joking, you have not been paying attention.  The Senate has voted that even though Trump did everything he was accused of doing, he is not impeachable.  AND, as long as he feels what he is doing is in the public’s best interest (like withholding aid from an area unless it aligns with his policies or digs up dirt on his opponents or rejecting the current 2 term presidential limit), he can do whatever he likes.  He’s finally got the absolute power he has craved since being elected.  Read it in his own words:  

It’s been a big week for the president’s longstanding project to undermine the authenticity of American elections. On Wednesday, Trump went on national television to declare that he wouldn’t inform the FBI if a foreign power came to his campaign with information on an opponent, à la a more effective version of the June 2016 Trump Tower meeting. And to kick off Father’s Day on Sunday, he suggested on Twitter that his supporters may not accept an electoral-college loss in 2020, or the prospect of the end of the Trump era in 2024.  Trump has expressed similar ideas three times in the past year and change, beginning with his March 2018 joke about canceling the 22nd Amendment and establishing a presidency-for-life, because it’s worked so well for China’s Xi Jinping. “He’s now president for life. President for life. No, he’s great,” Trump said. “And look, he was able to do that. I think it’s great. Maybe we’ll have to give that a shot some day.”

The title of 'ex-Pat' has never sounded so good to me.

Michael left for golf here at SCCL Wednesday morning (2/5), while I called first thing to get a vet appointment for Cookie.  I was sure she had a UTI, but it turns out that maybe her steroid pills are a bit too high a dose.  So our regular vet conferred with the animal hospital and I’m going to be reducing her dose just a bit.  By the time I got home from that appointment, SKYPE’d with Janice, and had some brunch, it was 1:30 PM and I hit the studio.  I worked on black/white 4 patches: 


And we had a bit of a detente when Michael got home from golf and came down to put in his score:



actually got 2 more embroideries done for a future Prayers & Squares quilt:  



Organizing my sewing tables better has enabled me to more easily pull out this project and keep it moving forward.  

I can’t even remember what we had for dinner last night…but I got both of my embroideries cleaned up while watching TV with my honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.