Wednesday, October 12, 2016

yoghurt, sage butter, baby quilt layout, lots of Elsie!


It was 45 degrees when we got up on Tuesday (10/11) (65 degrees in the house.  I would say “Brrr_r_r, but after the sweltering summer we have had….I just reveled in the chill :~).  Michael was up at 6:30 to take our car in to have the passenger seat airbag fixed for a recall.  I followed shortly afterwards as I was excited about sewing more on my new baby quilt.  First up though, were some chores in the kitchen.  When I make Michael’s yoghurt I only make up 6 containers, then I put the rest in a quart container.  If I make up more than 6, the fruit on the bottom gets oogy…..so this morning I had to make up the rest of the containers: 

fruit on the bottom

yoghurt

a little jam for sweetness

voila...grab & go


























































Then I made another (final!) run of sage butter for the second Cooking Fingers demo in 2 weeks: 

ready for flash freezing

After that I headed to the studio to play!  First up was firing up Miss Margie and finishing the quilting on Barbara’s quilt (I love, love, love the colors on this quilt!): 



After that I dropped back to working on the baby quilt.  I got all of my strata sewn and cut into squares,


then started laying the squares out to be sewn together. 


I just did 4 squares and got them on the wall before it was time to get ready for Joanne to pick me up for Stitch & Chat.  I thought about my layout all through S&C, because I knew it was wrong…but couldn’t figure out how to fix it.  When I came home it took me a full 30 minutes to get thte layout on 4 blocks right…this thing definitely plays with my brain…it’s like a domino affect…I move one block and it makes another block wrong! 



still wrong (trust me...when I put the next 2 squares up, they won't completely match):



still wrong (beginning of new diamond beside top red diamond is not matching):


still wrong (look at small green diamond under top left big red diamond....green diamond only 3/4 complete):


finally right:



(don't worry Leila & BG....I'll have this down by retreat  :~).

Anyway, I finally got the first 4 blocks right, then continued to sew and do my layout until 8 PM when I finished: 










You should click on the final picture to make it bigger...I just love how all of the fabric goes together!  Now I just have to sew it all together.  In the meantime, Michael and I both had leftovers for dinner and he left for the movies.  Elsie spent the ENTIRE day and early evening on Cookie’s bed in the studio with me…changing her position every couple of hours. 




















I finally headed upstairs at 8 PM to watch TV and knit until 10 PM.  I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer and went to bed.  Michael got home at 10:30 (he & Larry saw THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN) and he hopped into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.