Wednesday, October 5, 2016

another rose, Raelene & friends, sheet pan stir fry


Michael picked another gorgeous rose:


















before heading out to breakfast on Tuesday (10/4) with a group of friends while Raelene and I had a leisurely breakfast before getting a few errands out of the way.  After that…it was studio time all day…heaven!!!  Raelene worked on her knitted blankets for the NICU, while I worked on binding the last patriotic quilt I will donate this year.  Both dogs were with us downstairs and there was the beginning of a friendship starting:

sticking her tongue out at the camera!

oooo - I LOVE that...more...more...more!!

hey - how about me?


now gals....play nice...I have enough love for both of you!



























By dinnertime I got the binding all on my quilt, just need to weave in the ends and stitch down the label and it will be done!!  I headed upstairs to put on brown rice and while it cooked I got everything chopped for my sheet pan stir fry.  You mix the meat & veggies in a sauce, then spread it all out on a sheet pan and into the oven it goes.  Halfway through you add some additional veggies and when everything is done, you put the rice in a bowl, topped with the meat veggie mix and sprinkled with scallions for a garnish: 



We all thought dinner was YUMMY!!!  After that, Michael left for the movies and Joanne, Carolyn, Sally, Pat & Jan came over to visit with Raelene and get a little stitching done.  I served Chocolate Martinis, and everyone seemed to like those as well.  Michael got home around 9:30 and all of the ladies headed for home.  Raelene, Michael and I spent a bit of time talking again before heading to bed…all 3 of us were beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.