Monday, October 3, 2016

bacon & waffle breakfast, Barb M, Jan H, beau coup Elsie, patriotic finished


It was a bacon & waffle breakfast Sunday morning (10/2)
















pecan & blueberry waffles

and Jan came by to partake: 

mugging for the camera

We sat and talked for a bit after breakfast and with one thing and another I didn’t get downstairs until NOON!  I really should have been loading up another customer quilt….Barbara even came for a consultation on the pattern…

Barbara M

but I felt like I hadn’t sewn in several days….so in between running up and down the stairs about a hundred times as people came by to pick up their Chocolate Event Tickets, I worked on the binding for one of the patriotic quilts.  I had company the entire time: 






Michael was watching the Ryder Cup…so he was busy until after 6 PM (he had it taped), and I finally headed upstairs around 7:30 to watch TV with him and stitch down the label…TADA: 
















OK...when I first finished this quilt top, I thought it was too disjointed and didn't think I would donate to the VFW.  Now that it is quilted, I think I like it better, and actually think it DOES look like a patriotic quilt....but I would love to have your thoughts.  Please let me know what you think.  Also, if I do another one in this pattern, how should I change the fabric so that it looks better?  I have one more quilt to bind and then I will have 4 quilts to donate to the VFW.  My goal this year was to make 5 quilts for them, and when the next one is bound, that will make 7…so I am a happy camper!

5 comments:

  1. I think there is too much white. Maybe switching the red and the white would work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your quilt looks patriotic enough. Not everyone needs screaming red, white, and blue for it to be patriotic. BTW colors looked better in the close up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe the colors don't show up well in the photo, but from a distance it looks like brown mixed in with red, white and blue. I think the pattern looks fine for patriotic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for the R,W & B!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with June and Jan. Maybe a little too much white, and using BOTH red and burgundy/maroon, might be why it looks disjointed to you. Maybe some 'star' cornerstones would be nice in the border ? I also think that all your efforts are very much appreciated and your labels are a wonderful touch !

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.