Saturday, October 1, 2016

Sandy's quilt started, bunny, almond bars, Ruebenwich


I am always nervous about starting a new customer quilt, but I finally decided I had procrastinated enough and Friday (9/30) was it!!!  I was downstairs by 10 AM and started stitching out the Baptist Fan pattern on Sandy’s quilt: 


You know me….I don’t like the quilting to take over, so I think I did a pretty good job of matching the thread to the quilt, but I’m hoping you can see it in the picture anyway.  I had some furry outside company while I was stitching…eating from our holly bushes and also a little from our marigold plant: 




Jan came over to get Michael to do her golf cart maintenance and we had a wonderful time  talking for over an hour.  After that I had some lunch and settled back in to quilting.  While that was going on, I started cutting binding strips for my remaining 2 quilts (Loree took 2 off of the pile….YAYAYAYAY)!  I didn’t actually get much done besides quilting, since the pattern needs a bobbin change almost every 2 rows, so I have to keep a close eye on it.  I got 6 rows done before heading upstairs to make a start on dinner & dessert.  I made a new recipe for Almond Bars:

adding the glaze after baking....















and they were yummy, and also put together 2 Ruebenwiches: 

before baking....

and after....YUM!!


and a bowl of cole slaw.  We ran 1/2 of a Ruebenwich over to Anne & Bryce for their dinner, and Pat & George arrived at 6 Pm for our dinner.  We left after dinner & dessert to head to Lancaster for a 7:30 PM community theatre play called DADDY'S DYING, WHO’S GOT THE WILL.  We finally snuck out of the theatre during at scene change at 10 PM!!!  Two and a half hours and the play still wasn’t over….it seemed INTERMINABLE!!!  Pat & George have to get up SUPER early on Saturday for the carnival they are putting on for the Lancaster Children’s Home, so that seemed as good an excuse as any :~).  We headed for bed once we got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.