Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Cooking Fingers, Martini Night

Michael was up early Monday (10/24) for golfing and I was up early to pull together my demo supplies for Cooking Fingers.  I headed to the Lake House to get my casseroles in the oven, made a quick grocery run to Harris Teeter, took my groceries home, and came back to the Lake House just in time for people to begin filtering in.  Our demos went off without a hitch:
Elaine presiding over the birthday table

Linda discussing her butternut squash soup

Diane talking about peeling acorn squash

and her finished salad...lovely!

Joan getting miked up to talk about dessert!
and again…many, many of the participants told us how good the menu was.  I think the program chairperson deserves a lot of credit for this one!  I stayed to chat with a couple of people after the session, then when I went home I pulled together the quiche–type casserole I will be serving at the ladies luncheon on Tuesday.  Jan called me around 4 PM and I ran over to put it in her fridge, then came home to putz in my sewing room for a bit.  I left close to 7 PM for my martini night.  Kathi had lots of yummy food, 

chicken pesto bites

yummy shrimp

mushroom turnovers
















and the martini was awesome (and healthy too since it contained pomegranate!):


but I guess I am still recovering from the weekend and I headed home early to veg on the couch and go to bed early  :~).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.