Sunday, October 2, 2016

lots of Elsie & Cookie

It is SO DARK at 6 AM  :~(.  That’s when my honey got up on Saturday (10/1) for golf, to leave by 7 AM.  I spent most of the morning stitching more rows on Sandy’s quilt: 

a better view of the pattern from the back....















and doing paperwork for the Chocolate Event.  I had furry company…Elsie has discovered that Cookie’s new bed is just as comfortable for her as well:  




I left at 10:30 when I headed out to give blood.  A friend was putting together a drive as a memorial for her brother, an Indian Land firefighter who died about 2 years ago.  I didn’t get home until 1 PM (they had trouble hitting my vein in one arm and I told them I didn’t mind if they tried the other :~) and I spent a delightful hour talking to Janice and then to Jan…both of whom left me messages while I was out.  The rest of the day was spent on quilting and Chocolate Event paperwork (it never ends!!), but I did also get 2 more labels stitched out for my remaining patriotic quilts:  

here it is, right off of the embroidery machine

and after it has been cleaned up




























Loree has already bound the one I gave her….and I haven’t even gotten close  :~(.  In the afternoon, it was Cookie relaxing on her bed:
















Michael told me I didn’t have to go to the Fort Mill Playhouse in the evening if I’d make overnight waffles for breakfast on Sunday…that seemed like a GREAT trade to me, so I got that done and finally finished Sandy’s quilt:  

And we were back to Elsie, snuggling into the bed in the evening:




Michael got home around 9:30 and we watched TV until 11 and then tumbled into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.