Wednesday, October 19, 2016

new baby hidden wells, Elsie, Cookie & Jan

Well…there certainly was a consensus on the borders of the baby quilt!  Everyone thinks it looks better with the borders.  I think Mary Jo put into words what I was feeling when I looked at the 2 pictures...  with the borders, that is the first thing I see….the borders jump out at me.  Before putting on the borders, I really noticed the sharply defined triangles on the inside…and I definitely noticed the striped fabric ion the inside as well.  I think I Liked that, but for better or worse…it’s got borders now and I’m certainly not taking them off  :~).  Thanks for all of your comments.


During the course of the morning and afternoon Tuesday (10/18) I continued to work on the new baby quilt.  I got all of my strata sewn together and cut into blocks  I matched up the strata squares with my focus fabric squares, and that created these blocks:    







I'm not sure how I feel about this....I'm pretty sure I don't like it...but I think I have the option of other layouts, so I have to finish the other 8 blocks and see what's what.  Even though the focus fabric is on a white background....I'm not sure I like the white stripes in my strata....it looks like LED lights to me....so BRIGHT!!!

I had a hair appointment in the morning, while Michael was running errands, and we headed out around 1 PM to a late lunch at Firebird’s.  We had a fabulous lunch…a sesame crusted salmon for Michael and a zesty chicken pasta for me.  The best part about our lunch?  Totally free (except for the tip) with a $10 off coupon and the rest of a gift card from my friend Barbara.  We got home around 3 PM and I had a nice long chat with Jan before heading down to the studio to start to load up Pat’s quilt.  Again, I had furry company:


















I got the back and batting done just as Michael was leaving for the movies (THE ACCOUNTANT) and I headed over to Jan’s for a visit.  I took along a special visitor: 


and both Jan & Cookie seemed to enjoy the visit a lot!  Michael didn't get home until 10:30 and we both went directly to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.