Monday, October 31, 2016

waffle breakfast, Jan a trois, quilting, butternut squash dinner

Our pecan waffles on Sunday morning (10/30) were heavenly: 


the bacon was yummy 



and our visitor….lots of fun:  


Michael did monthly maintenance on Jan’s golf cart after breakfast, while we headed downstairs and Jan ironed my strips 
















while I continued to sew. Jan left around NOON and I continued to work in the studio until 4 PM,  with my sweet Elsie:  
















I finished up quilting the first quilt 



I LOVE the pattern I choose, it’s a new one I just bought and very pretty: 
















And I got a second one loaded REALLY close to the first:
















I also got the strips completed for my piano keys border.  I’ve never made one before and have always loved them….so I’m glad I got a chance to do one.  





















I headed upstairs to get milk in the crockpot to make yoghurt for Michael, and to get dinner started.  I made the butternut squash/sage pasta dish:  

sauteing onions and squash

got some good browning

adding in sage butter and extra sage

mixing it in

add pasta cooked in microwave

YUMM-O!

















































































After dinner I continued to knit on a scarf and watch TV with my honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.