Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Elsie, Mary Kay day

Michael took Cookie for a walk first thing Tuesday morning (10/25) while I made onion roll dough to go with the quiche for lunch.  My friend June just became a Mary Kay rep and Jan & I told her we would host a lunch and have ladies over to give June some practice.  After the rolls I had about an hour to head to my studio to continue working, with my faithful companion on the sofa:  





I got sashing cut for another 2 quilts to take on retreat 


before leaving for Jan’s.  Everyone showed up before NOON and we had a lovely lunch (quiche/rolls/salad): 















followed by our Mary Kay facial & hand treatments.  

waiting their turn, Sandy, Jan, Ann Mary

satin-y smooth hands for Mary Ann

more smooth hands for Robin & Mary B

I came home beautified at 3 PM and after changing my clothes took a well deserved NAP!   I am SO GLAD that my cooking chores for the past 5 days are finally over and I can do whatever I want…just as soon as I get a little energy back :~).  To that end….I took an hour long nap :~).  I felt pretty good once I got up and headed to my studio to work on Pat’s poor quilt….I say poor quilt because it has been loaded up for days…and then ignored :~(.  I got the program all set up and the basting done and the bobbins wound and started to stitch it out.  Michael left before 7 Pm for the movies, and I continued to work in my studio until he came home around 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.