Monday, October 10, 2016

sewing/quilting, Phil & Evelyn, Jim & Susan


I am TOTALLY blaming my friend Joanne for our breakfast on Sunday (10/9).  Last time we were together at Stitch and Chat she mentioned that the best donuts were to be found at QT.   Of course this has preyed on my mind since then, so Sunday morning, Michael and I took a trip over to our local QT and picked up breakfast!  She was right…they were yummy, but Michael and I both agreed that that was a once a year, or maybe twice a year treat….thanks Joanne!!  After that I had a heavenly day of sewing and quilting.  I worked on my strata for the baby quilt (I finished one strata totally to check my width and length.  Two of my strips were well short of 44 inches, so I ended up cutting my blocks to 10 inches instead of 10-1/2): 
















while keeping Miss Scarlett going on Barbara’s quilt (I love the heart pattern she picked out): 

can you tell it is a Paris themed quilt?

We got cleaned up before dinner and headed over to Phil & Evelyn’s to meet Susan & Jim and have dinner and play games. 

our hosts Phil & Evelyn


Jim & Susan, just back from 3 weeks out west for vacation

yummy peach/cheesecake dessert

It was a lovely time, and we both read our books for just a bit once we got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.