Friday, December 16, 2011

Wednesday (12/14) I had yoga at 6:30 in the morning, then had just enough time to come home and take a quick shower and pack up all of my stuff to get over to the high school for my last bread demo….we made pizza!  The kids had made the dough the day before, and I took pesto (made from my garden basil) and parmesan and mozzarella….the teacher bought grape tomatoes.  I got there early to get the dough spread out and to give it time to rise…when the kids came in, they cut the tomatoes, spread the pesto(although there was a LOT of grumbling ‘cause they had never seen it and were expecting traditional red sauce), and shredded the parm and mozz cheese.  Once we put them in the oven I told that that they wouldn’t hurt my feeling one bit if they decided not to eat the pizza…that Mrs. Langley (the teacher) and I would eat of EVERY bite!!  The bad news was….they LOVED it and THEY ate up every bite  L.  Oh well….I’ll just have to make pizza over the weekend.  Anyway, it was a great class and I think all of the kids enjoyed it.  I hit a yarn shop on the way home…I went in to exchange one skein of yarn for another color…and walked out 80 bucks later!!  They had railroad yarn on sale and I got a bunch of good colors.  Then I bopped up to the Joann’s to pick up a gift certificate and a few other things..and finally got home around 2.  I managed to get a bag of dipped oreos done and plated up for our square dance at 4:30.    We had a wonderful time at the square dance…and there was lots of great food.

Thursday (12/15) morning I was up early to get roll dough made for the Christmas party at Scrap Happy Quilters.  We had a wonderful morning, lots of laughs, lots of gifts, and lots and lots of great food.  When I got home from quilting around 1, I was absolutely wiped out and took a short nap before Michael came home from his golfing ‘santa claus open’ and for the second year in a row….HE WON A HAM!!!!!!  Yumm-O, I can’t wait to get it.  Michael did a costume again this year (that was how he won the ham last year):

but he won this year by being closest to the pin.  We were both tired Thursday night and just lay about like dead things and watched TV  J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.