Sunday, December 11, 2011

Friday (12/9) morning I was up early for yoga (who would have thought that I’d still be getting up a 6 am once I retired???) and when I came home Michael was having breakfast before leaving for golfing.  I spent about 1-1/2 hours getting ham/bean/barley soup in the 6 quart crockpot (definitely my go to soup these days….so FEW ingredients and such a great result!)and also turkey/barley/veg soup in the 4 quart crockpot for Michael.  I got to visit a neighbor who has been asking me a lot of questions about weaving and just recently got a loom, and finally got to settle down to weaving in the afternoon.  Around 2 I wandered upstairs to put together scallion/cheese whole wheat rolls for dinner (BG and I have the same cookbook and she found these rolls and we are both making them this weekend).  Susan and Joe (neighbors) and Mary (fellow quilter) and Charles (her main squeeze) arrive at 6 for dinner.  We had the soup and rolls and then played TRIPOLI for a couple of hours before breaking for homemade Bailey’s and peanut butter cookies (the only cookie dough I’ve managed to put together so far this season!)


We spent all day Saturday on a bus, going to Flat Rock Theatre to see a PLAID CHRISTMAS.  I was a wonderful show and we are both very glad we went.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.