Saturday, December 24, 2011

December 23rd – it is amazing what one will do for a friend…I still can’t believe I agreed to go with Jan to Joanne’s on Christmas Eve Eve, but that’s exactly what we did.  She is giving her granddaughter a sewing machine for Christmas, and wanted to pick up a few other things….so I agreed to go with her.  We left home early and Joann’s was surprisingly not crowded (although 2 days before Christmas IS a little late to be buying things to make J).  We bopped over to Michael’s (in the same shopping center) but they didn’t have what we wanted, so we decided to go to another one about 25 minutes away.  Traffic, both in the store and on the streets, had certainly built up quite a bit when we finally got ready to come home, so we treated ourselves to a Chick Filet chocolate peppermint milk shake on the way home to calm our nerves (yum!)  I’m not really sure why, but once I was home I was exhausted and took a nap.  The rest of the day was wonderful…I read a bit…worked in the studio with Michael (home after an89 round on the golf course) and knit and watched a bit of TV.  Michael finished arranging another charity quilt:


and I worked on sewing it together as well as continuing to work on my paint can challenge.  I’m looking forward to a wonderful Christmas weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.