Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Tuesday (10/25) was a stressful busy day…actually I think they’re all getting that way.  I think normally I operate at 33-1/3….for the 3 weeks before the craft fair I went up to 45….then I sold so much at the craft fair…and I have another one in 2 weeks…I’ve gone up to 78.  (If I have any younger readers out there, I know you have NO idea what I’m talking about…just know that I’m speeding up…with all of the resultant frenzy that goes with it.)



I put in laundry Monday night when Michael and I went to bed.  I had noticed our newly-fixed-washer had leaked a tiny bit on Saturday when I did laundry, so I put down a few chamois at the front of it.  When I got up Tuesday morning and went to put stuff in the dryer…I had a flood!!!  PLUS, when Michael eventually took the clothes out of the dryer….they are still full of BLACK TIRE MARKS that don’t come out no matter what stain treatment I try (and believe you me I’ve tried a number of them)  L .  That is what was supposed to be fixed with the new seal on the washer.  I spent quite a bit of time trying to find the receipt so that we could call the guy who fixed it….Michael spent time on the internet looking up the company….both of us are disgusted because we have no faith that anything can fix the black marks ruining ALL of our clothes…instead of just the ones we have washed so far.  I think we’re going to go and buy a new washer on Wednesday and believe me, this is not a good time to have that expense.  Anyway, I took a 2 minute shower and finally ran out the door at 9:15 AM.  I made a quick stop at the vendor fair (where about 100 vendors come to the Lake House to hawk their wares), then took off for my regular Tuesday visit with Nancy.  I swung by Jan’s house on the way and luckily she hadn’t left for Ohio yet, so I got to give her and Walt a big hug and wish them a safe journey.  As usual, I arrived at Nancy’s feeling hurried and stressed and left smiling!  I had time to run home after our visit (I knit on a scarf while I was there) and have a quick sandwich before Bob called and I went up to visit with him.  I saw a wonderful rack for displaying scarves at the craft fair in Asheville and the weaver allowed me to take pictures of it.  I sent the pictures to Bob to ask if we could barter some things so that he could make it for me (he is a woodworker).  He called to say yes…and off I went.  In the meantime, I am trying to get people to be on the board for our Volunteer Club here at Sun City…trying to get tickets and payments and organize a pot luck dinner for the 35 people going to Michael’s play next week….and collecting money for name badges for Square Dancing (I am the treasurer).  Needless to say the phone rings off the hook most days and I always have people dropping by to drop off $$$  or ask questions.  Michael and I have decided that we are HIBERNATING in December….not organizing anything until our annual New Year’s Eve party.  Anyway, I came home from Bob’s and got to knit for 1/2 an hour when Judy called and off we went for 2 more hours to hand out flyers.  Home again just in time to kiss Michael as he went out the door to rehearsal and I had a quick quesadilla before Bobbi came over so that we could finish our charity basket weaving.  Two hours later we had 2 finished baskets:



Bobbi left to go home to her hubby and I knitted on a new scarf until Michael came home at 11.

1 comment:

  1. I just finally saw the baskets today. They are beautiful!! How did you get them white like that? You could just do different colored web handles for different seasons

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.