Friday, October 21, 2011

Michael got rained out of golfing on Wednesday (10/19) for the second week in a row.  I know he was bummed, but it was nice having him home!  I was downstairs weaving and he was down there playing golf on the computer, and then playing pool while we watched TV.  We invited Howard and Dee for dinner and I made meatloaf and these incredible potatoes (I feel like I’m in an episode of SEINFELD with freakish man hands in the first pic!):





You slice baking potatoes almost all of the way through, then you alternate putting parmesan cheese and butter in the cuts.

They were really good…but cooked a long time.  After dinner Michael left for rehearsal, Howard and Dee left for home, and I went down to the studio and finished weaving a scarf:

My back was aching by the time I was done (too many hours on the loom), but I was glad to have it finished!
On Thursday, Jan and Walt and Penny and I traveled to Asheville for the Southern Highlands Craft Fair.  We really didn’t buy anything at the craft fair, but came home VERY inspired.  Michael was already gone to rehearsal by the time I got home, and I was very tired from driving, so I just watched TV and knitted on another ruffled scarf.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.