Saturday, October 22, 2011

Friday (10/21) morning we were up early to get blood work done (for upcoming physicals) and had a quick breakfast at Wendy’s before Michael left for golfing and I started to clean and prep for dinner.  My knitting students came at 12:30 and we had a good time until 2:30.  Michael came home shortly afterwards and I showed him what I bought on Main Street in Asheville:



You might not know it, but I am crazy about swings….this sculpture swings back and forth and is so cute!

I started the soup (chicken and corn chowder with sweet potatoes) and bread around 3 and also had time while it was cooking to string beads on yarn for more necklaces!  The table looked so nice after Michael set it that he took a pic for me:
Jan and Walt and Joyce and Bob and Martha and Harry showed up at 6 for soup and bread with sugar cookies for dessert (I found 2 great recipes for soft, bend-y sugar cookies).  We all left at 7 for the Lake House to see a production of THE PAJAMA GAME.  We got home around 10 and neither one of us
was very sleepy, so Michael read while I knitted on yet another necklace!  (I have finished 4 new ones since the craft fair last week....2 black yarn with lavendar beads and 2 black yarn with gray/black/silver beads).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.