Friday, June 15, 2012

striped sweater, blueberry muffins, sweet potato chips


Well – I’ve really fallen apart over the last couple of days as far as blogging goes!  I’ve finished 2 projects recently…the beaded wall hanging, my striped sweater (finally dry after being blocked on Sunday!) 




 and those 2 purses, so I’ve been taking a break and reading and also de-cluttering the studio.  I SO WISH I had taken a “before picture”, because the after is turning out just terrific.  I have a bit more to go, and hope to finish it while Michael is on his golf trip from Friday to Monday.  It’s Thursday now (6/14) and I made blueberry muffins for breakfast


before leaving for quilting.  I had a wonderful time at quilting….everyone was shocked to see me with my sewing machine once again….but since the beaded wall hanging is done, I’m back to sewing Thursday mornings.  Jan arrived with HOT, FRESH Krispy Kreme donuts (yum!!!) and we just had a great time all around.  I stopped at my friend Judy’s on the way home and saw all of her pottery from Penland.  She was there for 2 weeks learning many new things about pottery.  It sounds like a FABULOUS place…I wish my friend Mary Jo would consider going there…I’m sure she would love it.  I worked a bit more on the studio in the afternoon and we picked zucchini and yellow squash  

 from our garden for part of our dinner.  I surprised Michael by making sweet potato chips


to go with our fish for dinner.  He loved them, but the bad news is, I think I broke the microwave in the process  L.  We watched TV in the evening, stopping around 9:30 to welcome Jan and Walt and their granddaughter and daughter-in-law who are down visiting the University of South Carolina, where Rachel (granddaughter) will be going this fall.  They left around 10:30 with a bunch of blueberry muffins and we fell into bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.