Sunday, June 24, 2012

door hanger for sewing supplies


Saturday morning (6/23) Michael took off for golf (returning later with an 86) and Beth and I took off for a yard sale at a local church.  I got to see lots of people I knew, but didn’t find any knives or wine glasses (which is what I was looking for).  Beth DID find several things, so it was a good trip.  Once home, around 8:30) I headed back to the studio and by 1 PM was FINISHED with my project!!!!  Only 2 days and I LOVE it….I started with this:
 
and this:


and this:
lots and lots lof sewing stuff!




and ended up with :

 








It is just perfect….exactly what I wanted.  It hangs on the back of the closet door (so it’s out of sight!)and holds so much paraphernalia…also in a way that I can FIND all of it!  I’ve been wanting to do it since I started de-cluttering the studio…and now it is finished and I am in LOVE!  It cost under 20 bucks to make (most of that was for the quilted fabric...but I DID get it at 50% off)…and took less than 2 days to make.  Michael hung it up for me the minute he got home from golf, and I promptly put everything away.

I spent the rest of the afternoon working on my sweater, and at 5:45 2 sets of neighbors picked us up for dinner.  We headed to Magiano’s and had a wonderful time eating and talking and laughing!!!  We got home at 9:30, just ahead of a torrential thunderstorm.  We sat and read until 11 and then headed to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa...that is amazing!! OK, I know you said you hate to do customized stuff, but I personally think you could really make $$ making these. Personalized with kids' names, people's specific items, etc...

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.