Thursday, January 26, 2012

Wednesday (1/25) ranks right up there with the top 10 worst days of my life.  Cookie was so good on Tuesday….getting steadily better….by Tuesday night she was tearing around the basement as Jan and I loaded stuff on to the new shelves…but by Wednesday morning…she had crashed again.  We had an early morning vet appointment and the upshot is that she has the parvo virus.  There is nothing that can cure it, you just try to keep the dog alive until their own immune system can mount a response against the virus.  Cookie is currently in the hospital, getting round the clock care, with only a 50/50 chance of survival.  Needless to say I have spent this whole day crying and trying to send good vibes to my baby.  I know she’s only been here a few days…but she already captured our hearts and they are breaking right now…I’m really not one to wish my life away…but I really wish it were Saturday and that she was doing better.  Please keep her in your prayers…she’s such a tiny thing and doesn’t deserve the pain she is going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.