Wednesday, January 25, 2012

new basement shelves

Tuesday morning (1/24) Michael left for BJ’s and other errands, and Nancy arrived at 9:30 for our regular Tuesday get together.  She looked AWESOME!  Her hair was styled perfectly and she had on a beautiful outfit…..I asked what the deal was and she said she was changing her image for 2012…so far she’s doing a bang up job!  Eric (our handyman) also showed up around 9 to put shelves in one end of my sewing closet (I wish I had taken a picture of this space before Michael helped me to clear everything out of it….DISASTER!):




They may not look like much…but believe me…I am THRILLED to have them in my sewing closet.  I have lots of stuff to put on them already (no kidding…when do I NOT have ‘lots of stuff’!)  I have to tell you a funny story about Eric.  I don’t remember how we met him, but he is a great handyman and does a lot of work on the ‘models’ here at Sun City.  He did a lot for us in the beginning, but then I didn’t see him for a couple of years.  He called me several months ago to ask me to help out a new SCCL person with some drapes they had ordered that were the wrong size.  While we were talking on the phone, he asked me if I was still making bread.  Now, you know me, I bake bread/rolls/yeast breakfast stuff at least once a week, so I said yes, and then asked why HE was asking.  He told me that the bread I gave him (apparently years ago when he was first doing stuff for us) was the best bread he ever ate!  Now I’ve been really busy the last couple of days….but my golden pull apart butter buns go together in a flash…so I made them this morning and baked around lunchtime and gave him some for lunch…he LOVED them!  He also got to take home the leftovers.  He is such a sweet guy that I was happy to do it for him. 

Anyway,I went to Stitch and Chat in the afternoon for just an hour and told everyone that if they wanted to be cheered up for any reason…they should come to my house and see Cookie!  I came home at 2 so that Michael and I could meet with a new financial planner.  She left around 3 and Michael finished up making his potatoes/carrots mix and I got 2 meatloaves together.  Paula (a friend and neighbor) came by to visit Cookie and Paula coo’ed over her and said she was just precious (which she TOTALLY is…and I am so NOT a prejudiced mother  J).  Jan and Walt arrived around 6 for the aforementioned potatoes/carrots, meatloaf and green beans…then Michael and Walt went to the movies (to see MARILYN) while Jan and I stayed home to drink and knit J.

One of my blog readers asked how we ended up with Cookie.  Well…you all know we lost Chloe in September, 2011.  I always knew I would want another dog, and Michael asked if we could wait until after our cruise.  We got home on Sunday, and on Monday I started looking at the Humane Societies in our area.  I definitely wanted a puppy (so that we had a better chance of Elsie (the cat) getting along with it…and I definitely wanted a girl dog).  I finally found some puppies at a local rescue place, and we contacted them on Thursday.  We had a fill out an extensive questionnaire (including vet and personal references).  We were notified that we were approved and ended up visiting on Saturday.  We originally had another dog picked out….but Cookie seemed more mellow, so we took her instead….and the rest (as they say) will hopefully be history…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.