Wednesday, January 18, 2012

rope tote - nyc

Monday (1/16) was a wonderful, relaxing day.  I got to sew a bit and finished another tote: 
and also continued knitting on some scarves.  Michael got in 10 holes of golf and made potato pancakes for dinner.  It was no fun being back in the cold (it didn’t get into the 50’s until around NOON), but this year is definitely milder than last year so I won’t complain TOO loudly J.

Tuesday was a whirlwind of activity…I headed on over to Nancy’s in the morning where she had absolutely exciting news: she has signed up for a series of weaving lessons!  When I first met Nancy, she owned a 4 harness loom given to her by her aunt.  The original plan was that we would begin to weave together, but as usual, life intervened and Nancy’s life has not been conducive to learning weaving…until now!  I can’t really help her that much with weaving, because we have totally different types of looms….but her first lesson is this coming Saturday and I am totally JEALOUS!!!  I can’t wait to hear all of the good stuff she will learn.  I got another necklace strung with beads while I was at her house, and came home in time to have a quick lunch and head off to knitting club.  I got home around 3:30 and took a walk with Beth, then got a bit of knitting done before having pizza for dinner and heading over to Jan’s house.  Walt and Michael went to the movies (SHERLOCK HOLMES) and Jan and I got to talk and have margaritas and knit!  Michael and I came home at 10 and read for just a bit before heading for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.