Sunday, January 29, 2012

Saturday (1/28) morning Michael left for an art class and I left to visit Cookie.  For the first time I am cautiously optimistic!  Although she hasn’t kept any food down since yesterday morning….she seemed livelier than I’ve seen her in the past, and her diarrhea has lessened.  The goal Saturday was to keep food down.  When I got home, I put together oatmeal/pecan bread and left it to rise while I was working  the studio.  Michael started laying out the challenge quilt.  I think it already looks awesome, so that’s the good news…but the bad news is…I thought I only needed 75 flowers…but I need NINETY!!!!  Ok…better start cutting and ironing more squares.  I got the bread baked at 5 PM and ran a small loaf over to our neighbor, who’s been struggling with some health issues.  We kept a small loaf for home and took the second loaf to dinner at Larry and Evelyn’s.  She made a terrific dinner and we played cards for several hours after we were done.  By the time we got home, there was another message from the vet indicating that Cookie had kept down all of her food and that for the first time since she entered the hospital, her white blood cell count had gone up!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.