Saturday, February 23, 2013


Friday (2/22) was another rainy, gray day, but I got to spend the afternoon with Nancy, so that was lots of fun.  We couldn’t get together for our regular Tuesday date, so spent Friday afternoon in her kitchen, truly talking about a mile a second about everything that’s been happening with us.  One major topic of conversation was her dehydrator.  I have thought on and off for years about getting one…and she bought one about a month ago.  Since then, she’s been dehydrating EVERYTHING and it is very exciting.  I’m always looking for ways to store food that doesn’t require electricity (like a freezer) and this certainly fits the bill.  She’s been buying up produce when it’s on sale and dehydrating like mad.  I loved seeing everything she’s doing (you know who crazy we all go for something 'new & shiny').

I sewed when I got home and for part of the evening, but you’ll have to wait on pictures.  My Thursday quilt group is having a one-day retreat and I was working on some door prizes.  Some of the people from that group read the blog…so I’ll just take pics to post in a couple of months.  After I finished what I was working on, Michael and I watched a bit of TV before heading for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.