Friday, February 8, 2013

breast cancer purses, alcohol inks


I picked up Jan close to 9:30 on Thursday (2/7) and we headed off to quilting.  It turned out to be a bust for both of us…Jan left home without the cords to her machine….and no matter what I do, I am struggling with the Christmas flip and sew table runner.  Since jan’s dragonfly one went together so easily, I can only conclude that using various widths for the strips does not work.  It’s going in a corner until I can figure out what to do with it.  On a brighter note, I spent all of the afternoon and a bit of the evening, ending up with this:
and this:

 

 
I had a box lid with these purses in it, and they were mostly done.  I wanted to embroidery the person’s name on each purse that was purchased…but they certainly didn’t seem to go over as well as I had hoped.  I decided to just finished them, and donate them to the cancer walk down here.  So….ONE of the bazillion box lids is empty  J.

 Michael was also downstairs for a bit, finishing up some pictures for another set of notecards:

 

We watched television in the evening and I knit a bit on a child’s mitten pattern that I am not sure I’m happy with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.