Tuesday, February 19, 2013

chicken pot pie


Monday morning (2/18) I was up early to get some paperwork done before my volunteer meeting at 10:30.  I had been procrastinating on these thank you notes I had to write for donations to the club, but got 16 of them done before I left.  We had a ton of people at the meeting, which was great, and once I got home I got almost all of the minutes written up (I’m still waiting for a bit of information from someone before I send them out).  I spent a good bit of time once I got home updating our Volunteer home page with minutes from the last 3 years, and also got another thank you note written.

 I am finally starting a new sewing project…but wasn’t sure I understood the directions…so I cut a piece of denim and am basting it together to make sure I know what I’m doing before I get started on the ‘real’ fabric  J.  I quit working on it around 4 to head upstairs to start dinner.  Bobby Deen had a healthy chicken pot pie on the Dr.Oz show the other day, so I decided I wanted to make it for dinner.  I didn’t have the veggies he called for, so I roasted butternut squash, broccoli and onions, tossed with olive oil, rosemary, thyme and sage.  I layered those in the bottom of a pie pan and sprinkled cooked, cubed chicken on top.  The sauce was just chicken stock with a splash of 1/2 & 1/2 and about 1/4 cup of leftover white wine, thickened with a bit of flour.  The pie crust was made with oil instead of shortening…that really intrigued me, but it worked very well…I was surprised.  It didn’t get very brown, but tasted great.  The house smelled heavenly when it was done…and the pot pie tasted even better. 


 

 

 

Michael wanted to watch a few of ‘his’ shows in the evening, so I headed back to the studio to continue working.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.