Thursday, February 28, 2013

cinnamon moons

Wednesday (2/27) started out very nicely with a long talk with Janice in CT.  I spent most of the rest of the day cutting up scraps.  My friend Inez asked me to make her a bread liner and she sent me that fabric, along with a bunch of scraps from other projects she has been doing.  I finished the bread liner (should have taken a picture, her fabric was very nice) and then cut up all remaining fabric into different sized squares.  Nancy H. got a new book of scrap quilts which use squares instead of strips…that’s good because all of my scarps are not built to be cut into strips…I have a lot of oddly shaped pieces…so little by little I’m going to cut them into the size squares this book uses.  I got a call in the afternoon…Michael got the part of Walter in BECKY’s NEW CAR (that’s the part he wanted) and I got the part of Ginger….so we will soon be going to rehearsals 4 nights a week.  I may go less, because my part is small…YAY!!!!! 

We picked up Joanne & Larry at 5 to go to dinner at City Tavern.  Joanne and I each got a different appetizer for our dinners and then shared, while Michael and Larry both got shrimp scampi.  We made a quick trip to Michael’s afterwards and were home by 7:30.  I had made dough before we left for dinner, so I rolled it out (into 3 pieces), brushed it with oil and then sprinkled it with cinnamon/sugar mix:

  

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
then cut into triangles and rolled up like crescents: 





 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
I had 3 pans that rose overnight in the back of the car, and I baked them off Thursday morning and took most of them to quilting:

 

(Michael took 4 to his golfing buddies)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.