Sunday, April 12, 2020

The Big Reveal continues (6), grocery SCORE!, vegetarian dinner


The Big Reveal of Janice's scrap quilt continues:









I headed out to the grocery store (with my wipes and mask) at 7 AM on Saturday (4/11) and ended up scoring BIG TIME:  




Forget toilet paper and Clorox wipes (although I saw people buying those as well, so if we all don’t hoard, there is enough to go around!!)…..I know what’s really important  :~).  

I had breakfast once I got home, kissed my honey good-bye (as he left after 8 AM for golf) and headed to my studio.  First up, firing up the longarm…I am determined to have Jerri’s 3 quilts totally done by the time I go to bed on Sunday.  While that was stitching along, I got the men’s second quilt center all ironed (I sewed it together at the beginning of this week’s retreat with Paula):  



and figured out what I needed for the next 2 borders.  I also got the rows sewn and pressed on another Prayers & Squares quilt:  




Does it look familiar?  It should…..sometimes when I know I have a lot of fabric, I will cut out 2 or 3 quilts at once.  That was the case here…I cut out 2 quilts, got the blocks all put together quite some time ago at Scrap Happy….got the first one all sewn together….but got distracted (oh, what a surprise…not!) and never got the second set of blocks all sewn.  That is now done….YAY!!!  

Michael was home by 2 PM with a 78!!!!!  We had a wonderful dinner, potato and cheese pierogis, sautéed in olive oil/butter, with a mess of onions:  



The perfect vegetarian meal for one of my blog readers out there (you know who you are…wink! wink!!)  


(Please make sure you read the very last paragraph of this post for some perspective on the toll this pandemic is taking).

And as we continue to live through this quarantine and social distancing, I am so tired of the president basing everything he says/does on his own hunches and various conversations with unnamed people, rather than the advice of experts.  I’d like to remind you of a few important points….as of March 5th (remember way back then?)  If you’d like to see the text of the entire article, here it is: 


Experts say the death rate is 3.4%.  Trump Says that’s ‘false’.  
The WHO (World Health Organization) reported in early March that the Corona virus death rate was 3.4% globally, based on the latest official numbers for confirmed COVIE-19 cases and deaths worldwide.  BUT Trump utterly dismissed that: "Well, I think the 3.4% is really a false number," Trump told the Fox News host Sean Hannity on Wednesday night. "Now, this is just my hunch, but based on a lot of conversations with a lot of people who do this, because a lot of people will have this and it's very mild. They'll get better very rapidly. They don't even see a doctor." ‘’I think 3.4 % is a false number, this is just my hunch.  It’s very mild’’. 

Experts predict ‘more cases.’  Trump says US cases are ‘going very substantially down.’  
During a news conference at the White House last week, multiple health officials warned that the virus will continue to spread throughout the U.S.  Anne Schuchat, a senior career official at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said at the news conference that "we do expect more cases, and this is a good time to prepare," and Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar also said the U.S. should expect more cases.  But Trump has repeatedly downplayed the potential for the coronavirus to spread throughout the U.S., even suggesting without scientific evidence that the number of cases would soon decrease.  At the same news conference, Trump said the number of cases "within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero. That's a pretty good job we've done."  "We're going very substantially down, not up," Trump added.  

Trump says a vaccine is coming soon.  Experts say not so fast.
During a coronavirus roundtable Monday with his task force and heads of pharmaceutical companies, Trump appeared to suggest that a vaccine for the coronavirus could be just a few months away.  "I don't know what the time will be. I've heard very quick numbers, that of months. And I've heard pretty much a year would be an outside number. So I think that's not a bad range. But if you're talking about three to four months in a couple of cases, a year in other cases," Trump said.  Fauci corrected Trump at the roundtable, explaining to the president that it would be more than a year by the time a vaccine was developed, tested and "deployable" for public use.  During the roundtable, Trump also asked whether the seasonal flu shot could be used to prevent infection in the meantime.  "You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?" Trump asked.  "No," a pharmaceutical researcher attending the meeting replied.  

Trump say coronavirus is ‘like a flu.’  Experts say it’s ‘multiple times’ worse.  
-see article for details  

Trump says I’ts OK to go to work when sick.  Experts say ‘do not go to work’.  
-see article for details  

And a recent tweet from Trump: ‘’Once we OPEN UP OUR GREAT COUNTRY, and it will be sooner rather than later, the horror of the Invisible Enemy, except for those that sadly lost a family member or friend, must quickly be forgotten.  Our Economy will BOOM, perhaps like never before!!!’’  

He continues to talk about opening up the country, when HE has done nothing to shut it down!  It has all been state driven!!!  As of now we’ve lost 4 times as many Americans as we did from 9/11….and 9/11 forever changed how some things are done in America, but this pandemic we’re just supposed to ignore and get back to normal?  Because, of course, the economy is the only thing that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.