Tuesday, April 14, 2020

The Big Reveal (8), mini-retreat, surprise from AZM


Janice's big reveal continues: 










Won't this make a terrific Beds=Dreams quilt for some lucky child?

WOW – what an incredible storm we had Sunday night!!!  We got a phone call around 4:30 AM from Lancaster county warning us about it…and I headed out to finish sleeping on the lanair….where I felt/heard/saw the full fury of it!  

I was up in time on Monday (4/13) to get my blog out, and with Michael’s help, give the ‘girls’ sponge baths before Paula arrived for a 1/2 day retreat:  

binding for 2 finished QoV's

Cookie just moves from chair to chair, with occasional visits to her bed!



but I really want to be in your LAP!!!

a new baby quilt




notice....the kitty cones are gone!



It was only a 1/2 day because I broke a tooth and had an appointment to get a temporary crown.  I left at 1:45 and didn’t get home until 5 PM!!!!  I brought home a KFC pot pie for my honey…I decided I wouldn’t really enjoy one since my mouth was still pretty numb, so I waited until that wore off and had a salad for dinner  :~).  I got 4-1/2 yards of 108’’ wide purple fabric loaded as backing for 2 Beds=Dreams quilts before joining Michael to relax in the evening.

Arizona Mary sent me a WONDERFUL picture.....several years ago I donated a butterfly wall hanging for a charity event.  I had made extra applique butterflies...and offered to send them to the first people that requested them.  I didn't even remember that AZM got 2 of them....but she was recently finishing up a wall hanging for herself and decided they would be a perfect addition to finish it off:



This was a wonderful surprise!!!  I love it AZM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.