Wednesday, April 22, 2020

new quilting started, banana bread


Michael and I headed to the chiro first thing Tuesday morning (4/21).  I have been having a lot of problems with my right hip, and I’m sure it’s caused by my limping due to left knee pain….and Dr Broyles confirmed that.  So, I’m going to try to commit to visiting twice a week to try to get back into alignment.  

I was finally in my studio at 11 AM to wind bobbins and kick off quilting on my newest quilt, which I’m going to call Diane’s “X”s….look at this picture and see if you can figure out why (and know that this fabric came from a former SHQ member, Dinae H.:  




I hope it would have made her happy to know that her fabric is being used.  I have 2 of these quilts, but didn’t have enough backing to load both at once, so one at a time it is.  I spent all afternoon (at least until 3 PM) quilting and cleaning up my sewing room.  I’ve lost 2 of my box lids, which have 2 long term in-process quilt pieces cut and I still can’t find them anywhere.  

Anyway, at 3 PM I headed upstairs to bake 2 loaves of banana bread:  




Michael was originally supposed to get together with his LLB group for breakfast today, and I planned to send banana bread.  By the time they decided it was going to be too cold in the morning, and switched it to a dinner meeting, I already had the bananas thawed.  Everyone is going to sit in the driveway, 6 feet apart, and have pizzas, with banana bread for dessert!  I baked a pan of brownies while the oven was on as well.  

Michael left for his dinner, and I headed downstairs to make the last quilting pass on my quilt….something was wrong and I shut down the stitching.  Luckily, BG called me just then, and we had a delightful time SKYPE’ing for over an hour.  After that I ripped out stitches for 1-1/2 hours, and then shut everything down.  I will figure out what went wrong Wednesday morning :~).

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the banana bread and sorry for your ripping out problem!!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.