Friday, April 3, 2020

quilting finished on Jerri's first quilt, new men's quilt


I know the kitties are in the best place for them right now….where they are confined and can’t run and jump and race around the house like they do here every morning…..but the days are very long without them here to snuggle  :~(.  

No bike ride first thing Thursday morning (4/2) as it was 40 degrees when we got up!!  Instead I had breakfast and got my blog out before kicking off more quilting on Jerri’s first quilt.  I LOVE the pattern of the backing fabric she used....and it is flannel:


I spent part of the day making 6 more blocks so that I could layout the inside of another men’s quilt: 


and the rest of the time sewing it into rows, but I didn’t get the seams pressed.  I headed out on my bike ride around 1 PM and it was perfect (except for the stupid people walking towards me in the golf cart lane instead of on the sidewalk, and who somehow expect me to swing out into the car lane to avoid them…when I can hear a car coming behind me!!!!  It’s not gonna happen people!!!)  

Anyway, when I got home I sorted through my fabric stash and picked out fabric to start a bit of mask production.  Yes, everyone here that I know (including me) is ‘elderly’, but some are more compromised than others.  I decided to offer masks to some of them as well as some of my friends.  And the recommendation is to wash and dry the fabric 3 times to get all possible shrinkage out of it!  I did manage to finish the quilting on Jerri’s quilt: 


before heading upstairs to throw together a pretty-good-tasting chicken casserole with stuff out of the pantry!

I'm posting this picture again, because I'm sure you all glossed by it and didn't figure out what the applique really represented....any guesses???



4 comments:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.