Thursday, April 30, 2020

Anne's b-day, borders on feathers, NEW and different mask tutorial


I snuck out very early Wednesday morning (4/29) to deliver a birthday gift from Michael and me to Anne…..see if you can figure out what it is:  


After Michael left for golf, I SKYPED with Janice for over an hour, and got to show her the new mask!  We solved many other problems of the world before we got off about an hour later.  I had a bit of breakfast before heading to the studio.  

My goal was to get borders on the ‘feathers’ quilt, and by the time Michael was done inputting his golfing score to the computer, I was done (I really am not crazy about borders....so I do a lot of procrastinating :~):  


I spent a bit of time after that on the phone with June, who wanted the particulars on the new mask, and I thought I would try to put together a tutorial.  

Michael bought me these hair bands at the Dollar Store (where they are 3 for a dollar):  

they are about 1/2 '' wide




Based on BG’s suggestions this morning (we emailed back and forth about the masks), I cut a 2-1/2'' by 12’’ strip of fabric: 

wrong side of fabric

and folded and pressed the edges under a scant 1/4 ‘’ along both of the long sides:  



then folded it in half, wrong sides together and press:  



Now cut a piece of vinyl, 12’’ by 9’’, and sew the fabric strip along the long edge of the vinyl, keeping the vinyl edge at the top fold and stitching close to the bottom edges:  



Now, thread the headband through your casing and you are good to go:





Come home after using, whipe with disinfectant, and you're good to go again!!!

After that, I went on to make 9 more of them:




And in other news.....BG's king sized One Block Wonder is back from the longarm-er and it is magnificent!!!!!



3 comments:

  1. Did you see the cloth masks that folks are making with a rectangle of clear vinyl in the center so that the wearer's mouth shows thru. This way, you can see if a person smiles and for deaf people, they can still read lips?

    Inez

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like BG's quilt - I can see how the stripes and blocks make for a more interesting design!! Go for it!! ME

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.