Friday, January 22, 2016

Sandy D's quilt done


I got my car all loaded for quilting on Thursday (1/21) (including smurfy Cheesy Potato soup for lunch) and took off extra early because I wanted to drop off some denim scraps at Pat W’s on the way.  We had about 24 people at quilting and lots and lots of unexpected food.  Sue S brought in some fruit squares, Loree brought in a cake someone made for her, there were 2 cakes leftover from Osceola (the church where we meet) family night….and….and…Linda M brought in CHEESECAKE!!!!!!   I ADORE cheesecake (and rarely make it becuase Michael really doesn't like it all that much)and it was an incredible one….smooth and creamy and yummy!  So much for soup for lunch…I definitely had cheesecake instead!  Phil dropped Michael off at the church when we were done at 2 PM and we headed to Lancaster for Michael’s follow-up appointment with the doc.  Dr Ciminelli seemed very pleased with how thing are going and cleared Michael to begin driving.  Our appointment took awhile, and then, since we were in Lancaster, and since Michael knows how much I love it, he took me out to Pizza Hut for an individual pan pizza for dinner.  If I could get my crust to come out like that…I would totally consider myself a great pizza maker.  By the time we got home, it was 4:30 and Michael and Cookie went for a walk, and I called Sandy to come over and pick up her quilt.  She really seemed thrilled with what I had done
 
 and I was very glad.  I read my book for just a bit after that, then snuggled/dozed on the couch for an hour while my honey watched golf.  After that I had NO ambition what-so-ever, so we just binge watched 3 episodes of LIMITLESS for the rest of the night.

1 comment:

  1. Another busy 3 days -- U R the best for getting me thru all this!!

    Love YA - ME

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.