Friday, January 15, 2016



We were up at o’dark hundred Wednesday (1/13) morning.  Michael took a second shower with the anti-bacterial soap and we were on our way.  We were there by 7:30 AM and he was wheeled in to surgery at 9:30.  They had to remove the MEDTRONIC device that was implanted a year ago to monitor his heart, and then implant the pace maker.  By NOON he was finally in his room having lunch.  He dozed on and off all afternoon and I left around 4:30 PM to come home.  Michael made his mistake by watching TV from 6 PM until 11 PM.  No one bothered him at all for 5 hours.  He went to sleep at 11 PM, and from 11 PM until 5 AM they woke him up FIVE times for various and sundry ridiculous things (like “oh, we just wanted to check if you needed anything!!”)  I came home and collapsed on the sofa.  I have to say, I will not be sorry to see this week end.  Between still getting over the flu, and Michael’s surgery and not being able to walk well due to my right calf…I think we are both beat and ready to just rest.  I stopped in at quilting Thursday morning…waiting to hear from Michael that he had been discharged…that was another story in and of itself.  I finally left quilting and headed to the hospital just to (as Michael put it) rattle a few cages to see what was taking so long.  We finally got out around 1 PM, and stopped for lunch on the way home.  By the time we got home and I got him all settled in, it was 4 PM and I headed downstairs to check my emails.  Just for HA Has, I put a call into the doctor about my leg.  OMgoodness…they’ve just started a clinic in Ballentyne and my doc was the one on call.  I raced upstairs, made sure Michael had everything he needed, and headed out the door.  The upshot is, the doctor thinks I might have a blood clot in my leg.  At least I didn’t tear anything that he could feel.  He said this clot was probably not one that would travel anywhere…he did some blood work and said they would call tomorrow.  I came home and fed Michael dinner and truly just collapsed for the rest of the evening…I was so tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.