Tuesday, January 12, 2016


I left home just after 9 AM on Monday (1/11) and didn’t get back home until 4:30!!  Paula picked me up in the morning and we headed up to the Lake House for Cooking Fingers.  I did my demo on the cheesy garlic bread, and others did demos on 2 soups, a white chicken chili, and cherry bars for dessert.  The food was OUTSTANDING!!!  I definitely want to make at least 2 of the 3 “soups” offered.  Michael picked me up from the Lake House and we headed to Lancaster for his pre-surgery work up.  That took forever, and we finally arrived home at 4:30.  Thank goodness one of his fellow FMCP board members called about car pooling to the meeting, because both of us had totally forgotten about it by that time.  I finally signed on to my email, only to find that a very small group of ladies (and I am using the term very loosely here, because the resemblance is much closer to overly indulged 5 year olds) are still trying to cause Willa (Thursday quilting leader) problems.  These people rarely or never come to our meetings, refused to fill out the surveys that were put out last year, didn’t participate in any of the discussions about the survey results or any of the voting on those results, but now feel compelled to harass Willa because they don’t like the results!  What can you do…it is sad when people don’t participate, but then complain about the outcome….but I know every group has people like that.  Oh well…the good news is…the people who do come regularly to quilting are a wonderful and happy bunch of people who make each Thursday a high point of my week!  And everyone else seems to feel the same way....everyone was SO HAPPY last Thursday...so that is a good thing.
 
After that, Michael had a quick dinner and Corinne picked him up at 5:30 for the board meeting.  I sewed for about an hour in the evening, finally snuggling with my honey when he got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.