Sunday, January 24, 2016

cool tags



It was another cold and snowy day on Saturday (1/23) and I got Barb W’s Sausage Soup in the crockpot before heading to my studio to continue working on the “secret”.   We stopped in the afternoon and dropped off a quart of Cheesy Potato Soup to Jan & Walt on our way to a “celebration of life” for Lee S, my friend Donna’s husband.  It was a great get together…Lee has had Alzheimer’s for many years and passed away very peacefully.  People told lots of good stories about Lee; it was great to get together and reminisce.  When I got home, I got roll dough made just as Susan showed up for a visit…perfect timing!  We sat in the living room and talked for about an hour and got all caught up on the neighborhood news.  After she left, I headed downstairs to finish the last surprise item…they are all done…. YAYAY!!  Here are some pictures:























What are they you ask?  Well, you know how your luggage comes around on that conveyor belt at the airport and sometimes you can’t identify yours because it looks like everyone else’s?  No longer:  
















I made some for us (out of the most screaming fabric I could find!) and decided to make some for Candy & Ralph as well, since we are going to Iceland with them (different and LONG last names, so I decided to use their first names): 


I've been trying to get these tags done for literally MONTHS (I had hoped to have done for Michael when he went to Pebble BEach last year), to am VERY glad to finally have them done and to check them off of my 2016 Project List!  Candy & Ralph showed up at 6 PM and we had dinner and went over all of the travel documents and talked about what we are packing, etc.  I think we got everything settled and after they left, Michael and I read our books for an hour until bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.