Wednesday, January 6, 2016

hats for Clinton


Michael left at 8 AM on Tuesday morning (1/5) to get a pneumonia shot, to get our tire fixed, to stop at BJ’s and a few other errands, while Jan picked me up at 9 AM for our morning together.  We had breakfast at Terrace Café in Ballentyne, which to be truthful was not that good...I specifically asked for one thing on my plate to be VERY VERY hot...and of course it was just tepid when it came :~(, then stopped at Belk’s to return something, and hit WALMART for supplies for my Cooking Fingers demo next Monday, before Jan dropped me off at the Lake House for Stitch and Chat.  We had a large group (everyone back from holiday visits) and I got 3 more great hats for Clinton School: 
 
When I got home, I settled back down with my library book…EVERYTHING I NEVER TOLD YOU  by Celeste Ng….OMgoodness….read this book!  What a compelling story…I really couldn’t put it down and finally finished it at 11 PM.  I can’t wait to give it to Jan to read….I got it from our library.  The first 2 sentences grab you right away "Lydia was dead.  But they didn't know that yet".....WOW!!  Anyway, Michael came home from walking the dog and wanted Chinese for dinner…so that’s what we had….then he left at 6:30 to see THE BIG SHORT (about the banking crisis several years ago), and I headed to the studio to work on Joan’s quilt.  I had to force myself to keep working on it…but I finally finished it up and was burying the bobbin ends when Michael got home at 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.