Saturday, January 9, 2016

quilting luncheon food, June's Clinton quilt, Cookie & Elsie a trois



Joan stopped by early Wednesday morning (1/6) to pick up her quilt.  She seemed VERY pleased with the scarcity of quilting on it and how soft it felt.  I had called her on Tuesday to tell her that I read the packing on her batting and I could not make my stitching as far apart as she wanted, but I would do it as far apart as I could…and I assured her it would have a nice drape.  She had been very disappointed by a recent quilt she got back as she thought it was way too densely quilted and was stiff.  I know that’s the way most of the quilting is going these days….one of the reasons I would never put a quilt in a show is that I would get crucified for the LACK of quilting.  But personally, I think quilting is just there to hold the 3 layers together…I want people to pay attention to the colors I put together and the design.  For me, I try to quilt my quilts so that it blends in, not stands out.  Anyway, I thought Joan’s quilting worked out well and she was pleased, so that’s what counts.  Michael had a shotgun start at NOON for golf (since it was so cold) and long before he left I was in the studio trying to figure out exactly what I wanted to work on.

***Well, I wrote the paragraph above on Wednesday morning when I came down to the studio…here is it Thursday morning…and I have no idea what happened the rest of the day.  The 2 things that stand out are water walking with Pat in the afternoon for an hour and 20 minutes, and SKYPING (although again…it didn’t work) with Janice in the evening.  You’ll just have to imagine what else I did on Wednesday :~)***

I hopped up Thursday morning (1/7) and ran to the grocery store to get one of those French baguettes.  I came home and put my cheese/onion/pepper spread on a bunch of baguette pieces on a cookie sheet for my luncheon contribution to quilting.  














 EVERYONE was so happy to be back at quilting!!!  It was wonderful….I think there was a lot less sewing than chatting, but that was perfectly ok…we were just so happy to see everyone.  Our luncheon theme was soup/sandwiches and everything was totally yummy! 



 And someone brought one of those KEY LIME PIES....darn them...I just can't resist.  I guess I was moaning while I was eating it because Linda asked me if I wanted to be alone with my pie  :~)
  June donated another quilt for Clinton School…her free form quilting is getting so fabulous!  

this started out as a jelly roll race, but she didn't like it when done, so turned it into a rail fence...way to make lemonade out of alemons!



When I got home, another détente was in place:




 I sat in the living room with my leg on an ice pack.  The nice thing about water walking is that it doesn’t feel like exercise….the bad thing about water walking is….it doesn’t feel like exercise.  Pat and I walked for an hour and 20 minutes on Wednesday, and I think that is what caused the killer charlie horse in the back of my leg….so I iced it down during the afternoon.  However, as the day wore on…I felt worse and worse….when my hair hurts, that’s when I know that the flu is arriving….it’s only happened a couple of times in my life…but I would be SO HAPPY if it never happened again.  I did not pass go….I did not collect $200, I headed directly to bed.

Friday morning (1/8) Michael had an appointment in Lancaster with the heart doc.  They were supposed to be checking his implanted MEDTRONIC device, but in the course of having an EKG, the doctor decided that the time has finally come to implant a pacemaker.  Michael will have the surgery on Wednesday, January 13th at 10 AM (please add him to your prayer lsit), and a pre-surgery consult on Monday the 11th.  I knew Michael wanted me at his appointment, so I wrapped up well and made sure I didn’t tough ANYTHING in the waiting room or appointment room.  By the time we got home around 11, I crawled right to bed.  We were invited to a neighbors house for dinner, so I sterilized my body and made up a pan of rolls to send with Michael to bake there….I stayed home and slept the entire 3-1/2 hours that he was gone.  He said he had a wonderful time at Ann Mary & Jim’s.  They also invited Sue & Dennis and Gale & Phil.  We talked for about 1/2 an hour when he got home…and once again I crawled to bed.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry you are not feeling well. Take it easy and drink lots of fluids. I will be praying that Michael's surgery goes well. If I can do anything to help, please let me know. Hugs to you both.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.