Tuesday, January 26, 2016


Monday (1/25) was a whirlwind day.  I finished packing up everything I needed for the Cooking Fingers demo and headed to the Lake House.  Although it is a lot of work the day before (making all of the servings), it makes it all worthwhile when people come up to you afterwards to say how much they enjoyed your food and that they really think they could make it.  Also, several of my bread students (from last year) were there and all told me they were still baking bread and really enjoying it!  One said that I had created a monster and that she hadn’t bought any store bought bread since my class :~).  I stayed afterwards to talk with Paula for a bit, and got home in time to change into my bathing suit and head back up to the Lake House to walk in the pool with Pat.  We spent a very enjoyable hour walking and talking, and when I got home at 3:30, my honey was finally home from all of his errands.  He found some hiking shoes for Iceland, and also picked up a new pair of cushy slippers.  I talked for a bit with Ginny (friend in VA who has now moved to NC), then Michael and I talked for a bit, read our books for a bit and by then it was time to get dressed and pick up Pat and Kathi for our SNS Martini Club for January.  I’ve been coughing a lot lately (aftermath of the flu I guess), so I took along something hot to drink, since that seems to help.  The food was terrific (as always) and the company was great.  I did have 2 small samples of the martinis and they were yummy!  One was called a WOO WOO martini and for dessert we had chocolate martinis.  By the time I got home (just after 10:30), Michael had just gotten into bed, and I hurried in as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.