Wednesday, December 2, 2015

rolls, minty crisps, Cookie & Elsie a duex, S&C Christmas luncheon, Joanne & Nancy



Michael had appointments with the chiro and with our regular doc for his Medicare Wellness check up in the morning on Tuesday (12/1) and I spent the morning in the kitchen.  I made rolls to take to our Stitch & Chat Christmas luncheon 


and also got 2 runs of Minty Crisps done 

yum!!  they're kind of like a Nestle's crunch with mint

while I was waiting for them to rise.  There was an interesting duo in the living room while I was working:

learning to share....

I'm not so sure about this...




























I picked up Joanne close to 12:30 (actually, when I went out to the garage, she was already sitting in the cart :~) and headed up to the Lake House.  Paula had gotten there ahead of me to turn on the ovens (these ovens are a pain-in-the-you-know-what….not intuitive AT ALL) and the ladies were already decorating the tables 


 
and putting out the food.  We do a huge salad bar every year, along with artisan bread and desserts.   






two festive party go-ers, Joanne & Nancy


















 I decided to sign up for the artisan bread, but bring my rolls instead as I figured no one would mind.  We were home before 3 PM and I got another run of minty crisps done before settling down to read my new library book (another in the Bruno, Chief of Police series).  Just after 3, Michael and Phil headed off to the Lake House for a meeting (with appetizers) with the Men’s Golf Club about next year’s programs.  Neither one of us was hungry for dinner and Michael headed out just after 6 for the movies, while Sally & Gail dropped by for a chat.  I haven’t seen either of them in forever, so it was nice to get caught up with everything.  Just as they were leaving, our neighbors (Jim & Ann Mary) got home from a 3 week trip to New Zealand.  I ran over with a dozen eggs & a package of English muffins, so at least they would have something in the house to eat in the morning.  My honey came home shortly afterwards (he and Larry saw CREED and he said it was actually pretty good) and we both read until bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.