Sunday, December 13, 2015

Cookie, Elsie, roses, baklava cookies



Michael left early for golf on Saturday (12/12)…it was a beautiful day with temps in the 70’s.  Cookie was once again relegated to her bed in the kitchen 

as Elsie took the coveted spot in the living room:   

There was also a beautiful surprise on the coffee table when I got up….our rose bush continues to gift us with a bloom now and then:  



 I made cookies in the morning:  














 We are going to a Christmas party tonight and last year I brought an assortment of cookies as a hostess gift.  Martha later told me that she closely guarded these baklava cups so that she and Harry each got an even number….so I made a whole tin of them this year.  After that, Pat came over to see how to make soap.  I made 2 logs of lavender soap….I’ll unmold it on Monday and we’ll see how it turned out.  I read for a bit until Michael came home…then took a short nap (still tired from yesterday I guess :~).  After that we changed and headed over to Martha & Harry’s for a Christmas party.  More food, more fun, more great guests…what can I say…we had a lovely time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.