Sunday, December 27, 2015

daffodils blooming



We tried to get back to our regular routine on Saturday (12/26), except for having no hot water :~(.  Michael left for golf around 9 AM and I called a plumber to find out what the problem was.  I told them it might not be the water heater itself...but could be the timer we have for circulating the water.  They said they could be here around NOON. After I called, I started to think about it, and remembered that  Michael had also said our outdoor lights were not on last night.  Sure enough, when I moved the freezer in the garage, we needed to reset the plug.  Apparently the outside lights shorted out due to the rain, and the water heater is on the same circuit, so ....problem solved...:~).  After that, I headed to my living room chair to be lazy.  I spent many, many hours reading…heaven…  When Michael came home he said “the flowers are so confused by this weather (we’ve had all the windows in the house open for the last 3 days), they’re blooming again!”   
















He sat for a bit and read his book as well, then we had a delightful visit from Rachel and Amy (2 of Jan’s grandchildren).  They came to thank us for the Student Vegetarian Cookbook I bought for Rachel, and also to bring us a wonderful piece of chocolate pound cake.  We talked for about 45 minutes, but by then our dinner was ready, so they headed on home.  We had leftover butternut squash/pasta for dinner, then settled in with popcorn and knitting to watch INSIDE OUT, one of my Christmas presents and a fabulous movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.