Saturday, December 5, 2015

Angel Tree gifts, tags for eye docs, Clinton School Donations, Cookie & Elsie a quatre



Before I left the house Friday morning (12/4), I finally got my Angel Tree gifts into their gift bags:   

 Now I just have to cover the tops of all 4 with tissue paper, affix the tags, and get them up to the Lake House!  Then I left the house at 8:45 AM didn’t get home until 4 PM!!  My first stop was a visit to Loree, who is having problems with her neck and right arm.  She has a cyst pressing on a nerve and it is very painful for her.  She got 2 shots in her neck on Thursday and for the first time in a LONG time, she got a full night’s sleep on Thursday night.  We talked and laughed for about an hour and a half and I finally had to leave to go pick up Jan for lunch.  Carolyn & Beth asked us to meet them at Hickory Tavern for lunch and that was just delightful.  We were there for another 1-1/2 hours and I think we could have talked longer, but I had to get Jan home so that I could go to my eye doctor appointment.  I took along 2 goodie bags with my bespoke (new favorite word!) tags….




one for the doctor who did Michael’s cataract surgery and one for the retinologist who fixed the holes in my retina.  I adore these tags, done by Sheila, one of my card making friends.  I raced home from the eye doc to meet Michael at the heart doc, only to find out that his appointment had been cancelled :~(...of course they didn't call to tell us.  We split up on the way home and he hit the grocery store while I hit the bank.  When I finally got home, I had a typical looking front porch:   
















These are coats dropped off for Clinton School as well as those fleece blanket kits that Joanne kindly picked up for me at the Springs sale (to be made into blankets for Clinton School).  I spent an hour returning phone calls and getting caught up on emails before settling down to relax and read my book for just a bit….I immediately had company!   




















 Michael had Chinese for dinner as he knew I wouldn’t be hungry after my lunch and I finally headed to the studio to sew for awhile.  I came back upstairs around 7 to snuggle and collapse and watch TV.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the 'mention' on your very nice blog site.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.