Saturday, December 12, 2015

Holiday Tea



Friday morning (12/11) was all about getting ready for the tea!  Michael ran to the store for me for a few last minute items…and I made more homemade Bailey’s (that was my naughty tea :~) 

and got mulled cider going in the crockpot (for my nice tea).   

 I set up extra tables and chairs and excitedly waited for everyone to arrive.  It was such a relaxing morning that I even had time to weigh out my coconut oil for soap I hope to make on Saturday:   

 
My honey was an angel and kept Cookie occupied downstairs.  Shortly before NOON, ladies began arriving for the tea…..I had 32 ladies and lots and lots of incredible food.   
 
Mary B in red, Diane in red/white, Carolyn, BEth, Loree

me, Beth Carolyn, Loree in background, Diane in red/white

Mary B in red, Barb M, Debra

the food starts to arrive....

I know it looks like Joanne is asleep, but trust me...I am a terrible photographer and snapped just as she closed her eyes!

Ann Mary & Pat W

more scrumptious food arrives....

too much food...we have to start 2 layers

Paula, Martha, Gale, a hint of Sue S

Gale & Sue

Corinne & Evelyn

Ida & JoAnn

Penny

Linda, Jan, Pat G

Beth, Barb W, Carolyn, Linda

Debra












































































































































































































Peggy (standing), June, Loree

Willa & Joanne

Barb M

Peggy & Deanna






















































 The teas (both naughty and nice) seemed to be a hit, and if the noise level was any indication, I think everyone had a good time.  Before Willa left, she dropped off all of the fleece she had bought at the Spring's Sale last Friday.  She took each piece and surged around the edges for blankets for Clinton School.


















 Debbie (the teacher at Clinton) swung by after her school day to pick up the blankets, and also books and gloves donated by Linda.

 Everyone left by 2 PM and I got all of the dishes collected and into the dishwasher.  Michael put away the extra chairs and tray tables and I was pretty useless for the rest of the afternoon :~).  I sat with my legs up, reading a book and having some naughty tea...it was lovely.  I got a little bit of a second wind after dinner and got the ends woven in on my finished scarf and set it to blocking on the kitchen island.   After watching TV for a bit, Michael decided he needed a treat (neither one of us had dinner) so he toasted some of his Easter peeps over the stove 



 and pronounced them yummy…crispy on the outside and soft and melt-y on the inside…he is a NUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.