Monday, December 7, 2015

Evolution of a qult top



Michael took Cookie for a walk first thing Sunday morning (12/6), while I made myself some hot chocolate and headed to the studio.  I thought I was very close to finishing the blue quilt top, but when I got out the fabric I had set aside for the last inner border, neither Michael nor I liked it.  So…it was back to the drawing board for a bit, but by NOON it was finally finished.  Considering I started out with an 11 inch square 9-patch block and now have a finished quilt that is 51 inches by 61 inches, I’m really quite pleased.    

 
a small beginning

finding more outside squares

re-arranging outside squares to be more balanced

adding sashing

finishing center square

cool border

other sides of border

































































































discovered more solid blocks & some strips

totally done!

I used up 4 remaining 9 patches

lots of leftover strata

and bunches of solid blocks & a few strips


 Connie stopped by after that for about an hour, to talk about knitting…and everything else under the sun.  I spent a good bit of time in the afternoon reading, and finally got a second wind after dinner.  I headed downstairs for just an hour or so and got a Clinton School quilt loaded up, before coming upstairs to watch TV with my honey.  I recorded a movie with Amy (from BIG BANG) as the star…and it was nice to watch her NOT wearing a cardigan and slumping over  :~).

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.