Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Nancy modeling Joanne's shawl, kid's hat/scarf



Tuesday (12/15) was supposed to be a gorgeous day weather-wise, so Michael and his buddies headed out again to try to get in 18 holes of golf.  I had an early morning dentist appointment and was home by 10 AM to have brunch and read my book for an hour.  Then I headed downstairs and got the bobbin ends sewn in on the second quilt in time to head up to the Lake House for Stitch and Chat.  I only stayed for an hour…and got the final ends sewn in on my shawl for Joanne.  Nancy was kind enough to model it for me (Joanne is down with a bad case of the flu) 


















and I headed home just after 2.  I’ve also finished a kid’s hat and scarf:   


 so I have nothing on my needles (oh the horror!!) and need to get something going!  Michael was home when I got home (this time they got in all 18 holes and he scored an 89) and we sat out on the deck reading our books for several hours (December 15 and we’re sitting on the deck, in short sleeves and shorts…relaxing…YAY South Carolina  :~).  We had a quick dinner, then Michael left with Joe to see BRIDGE OF SPIES, while I headed back to the studio to get both of my quilts trimmed before Paula called me.  She was home from one of her grandkids concerts, and I took my homemade Bailey’s and Amaretto down to her house and we solved the problems of the world until just after 10 PM when I headed for home.  Michael was home from the movies and we both read our books for an hour before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.